This web site is run by us: Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas LLC trading as VOX Cinemas.
Contact email: [email protected]
When using this web site you must comply with these terms and conditions of use. We may change these terms and conditions from time to time so please read them each time you use the web site to make sure you're kept up to date. By continuing to use this web site, you accept the current terms and conditions of use. If you don't agree with these terms and conditions you must not use the web site.
Operator’s and Consumer’s Code of Conduct
Cinema viewers obligations
Talking Viewers must refrain from talking or communicating in any manner that is disruptive to other viewers
Eating & smoking
- Eat and drink quietly to avoid disturbing other viewers
- Smoking is prohibited within cinema halls
Movie Recording Viewers are prohibited from video recording or taking pictures of any trailer or movie
Movie Attendance Viewers are required to arrive on time to avoid disturbing other viewers
Seating & Ticketing
- Viewers are not allowed to place their feet or shoes on cinema seats
- Viewers must retain their ticket stub; failing to show a ticket upon request or sitting in an unassigned seat is prohibited
Clothing Viewers must wear appropriate clothing and footwear that are aligned with KSA values and culture
- Viewers should ensure their children are not left unattended and should try to minimize noise and disruption (e.g. crying, loud talking, running, etc.)
- Infants are not permitted inside theaters
- Viewers are prohibited from bringing in, showing or using real or simulated weapons of any kind
- Cinema operator reserves the right to check bags brought into the theatre
- Viewers should refrain from using any electronic devices (including phones, tablets or gaming devices, laser) during the movie
- Failing to follow instructions of operator employees is prohibited
- Viewers are not allowed to verbally or physically harass operator’s employees
Operator’s obligations towards viewers
Venue condition Operators shall ensure their venues are maintained and in good condition (i.e. clean, acceptable temperature levels, access for the disabled, properly functioning equipment, etc.)
Staffing Operators shall provide highly trained staff that are able to manage and handle client inquiries, requests and complaints
Movie selection Operators shall provide a wide variety of movies (e.g. PG, R12, etc.) that cater to different consumers backgrounds, ages and preferences
Ticket type availability Operators should aim to have different ticket pricing and types (e.g. 2D, 3D, 4D, VIP, Standard, etc.) that matches consumer needs
Food & Beverage Operators shall offer various food & beverage options (e.g. snacks, healthy food, vegetarians, etc.)
- Operators should aim to provide quality experience by having cinema screens, seating, projectors and sound systems in line with international cinema standards
- Operator’s should start movies on time without any major delays
Operator’s obligations toward GCAM
- Operators shall abide by the standards, rules & regulations mentioned in the licenses covering activity, duration etc.
- If any of the information contained in the license have changed after the issuance of the license, the related operator must inform GCAM of this change
- Operators must abide by the rating set by GCAM for the related movies; rating must be showcased on the tickets, scheduling screens and any related advertising material
- Each cinema operator should have a copy of the film rating certificate from the distributor
Local production support Operator’s shall ensure that sufficient locally produced movies are broadcasted within their venues to ensure the promotion and development of the local production industry
Information provision Operators shall at any time provide GCAM with any cinema related information ( e.g. # of tickets sold, type of ticket) and any other cinema related data when required
Field monitoring and support Operators should cooperate with and facilitate the work of the field monitoring and control officers during their site visits
Complaint management Operators should channel any GCAM related complaint to GCAM customer service department in order to take the necessary actions
Movie termination Operators must terminate the exhibition of any movie deemed inappropriate by GCAM monitoring and control officers
General Terms and Conditions
Movie tickets sold online for VOX Cinemas, Riyadh Park, are done so on a no returns, exchange or cancellation basis. Refunds or complimentary passes will not be issued for incorrect selection of showtimes, dates, screening types (families or singles) ratings or movies. Please review your booking summary carefully and double check that the session and ticket information contained under the You have Selected heading is correct, before proceeding to checkout. By completing your transaction and by clicking on the Purchase Now button, you agree to accept this policy.
When you register we'll ask for some details about yourself. From time to time we might ask for additional information for competitions and so on. Your privacy is very important to us and we will not pass on any information about you with any third party unless you have given us your written permission to do so.
What we permit you to do/not do
We own all of the material on this website. This includes all text, designs, logos, graphics, computer programs, audio, video and code (including HTML) in any form. Unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions of use, none of the material on this web site may be reproduced, downloaded, distributed, copied, republished, displayed or transmitted in any form whatsoever without our written permission. We grant you permission to view this web site with a web browser provided that you do not:
- Modify the material on this web site;
- Resell the material on this web site; or
- Create derivative works from the material on this web site.
We may withdraw this permission at any time without notice to you.
We may in our absolute discretion publish on this web site material or information that you submit to us for:
- Participation in competitions
- A personal film review
- Any other reason
By submitting information or material to us you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to:
- Use, reproduce, modify, sublicense, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish, broadcast and display that information or
- material and create derivative works from it;
- Sublicense any of the forgoing rights to third parties.
You must not create a hyperlink to this web site unless we give you our express permission in writing.
In using this web site, you must not:
- Disrupt the operation or security of this web site or any accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through this web site;
- Use this web site in a way that may harass, annoy or disrupt any third person, including a third person who may receive messages as a result of your use of this web site;
- Submit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind, including without limitation any material constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law; submit any material of any kind which violates or infringes the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy rights, which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right without first obtaining the permission of the owner or relevant right holder;
- Submit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Submit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Modify or delete any content on this web site or add any content to this web site; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of this web site.
We reserve the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any applicable or relevant law.
Security and Accuracy of Information
This web site may vary from time to time.
Third party sites
You may be able to access third party sites from this web site. We do not make any representations or claims in relation to the content, quality, or reliability of these sites, and our inclusion of a link to them does not imply that we have any relationship or affiliation with them.
If you register with this web site, you may be provided with a password. If you are provided with a password, you must keep it secret and secure.
Common law duty of care. We do not assume any common law duty of care towards you in providing the information on this web site.
Any dispute between you and us will be determined under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by the courts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas is a limited liability company incorporated in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
This policy describes how Majid Al Futtaim collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together "Platforms").
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
• sets out the types of personal information we collect;
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
• explains when and why we may share personal information within Majid Al Futtaim and with other organisations;
• explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
• explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information.
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
• Buying / Ordering services or products from any of our subsidiaries over the phone, in-store, or online
• Using any of our platforms, including website, public Wi-Fi networks, or our mobile application
• Being a member of any of our loyalty programme
• Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register for our services, we may collect:
• Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
• Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
• Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our Websites, use our Mobile Apps, or connect to Wi-Fi networks we provide, we may collect:
• Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered/bought and how you paid);
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
• Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
• Information about your precise geolocation.
When you use our loyalty programme to shop with us, we may collect:
• Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, coupons, and vouchers within our subsidiaries or with other partners.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
• Personal information you provide about yourself;
• Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal information
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, credit history, purchases, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
• review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
• improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfil a service you request.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our Services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
• Processing your orders and refunds; and
• Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalise your experience
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
• Using your online browsing behaviour as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services;
• Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on Our Websites and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
• To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources including the different subsidiaries under Majid Al Futtaim.
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
• Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
• Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners;
• Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Majid Al Futtaim and by other organisations on our behalf
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyse information about how you use our services to:
• Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps;
• Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
• Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
Majid Al Futtaim Subsidiaries
We may share the personal information collected by any of our subsidiaries with our other subsidiaries for the purposes listed above.
We may share your personal information with other companies that sell products through our Services ("Retail Partners"). We only share personal information that enables our Retail Partners to provide their services. For example, when you shop online or in-store we will give the relevant Retail Partner your name, contact details, and address so that they can deliver your items.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our products and services when you use a particular social media site.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We may share personal information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
• if any applicable law or a public authority says we must share the personal information;
• if we need to share personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
• to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, we may have with you too. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us
• to any other successors in title to our business; or
• to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law or under the laws of your country of residence or our country of incorporation.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so where required by applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Majid Al Futtaim is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at Analytics Office, Majid Al Futtaim Management Services, P.O. Box 91100, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. You can also email us at [email protected]
However, we will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don't send you marketing communications in the future.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile Apps
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our Websites.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected (e.g. Loyalty programme).
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other devices.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our platforms. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
AGGREGATE DATA, DATA ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA FUNCTIONALITY
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Platforms’ content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our Platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our Platforms, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our Platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example "Like" and/or "Share" buttons), content from our Platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. To receive a copy, please write to the Analytics Office, Majid Al Futtaim Management Services, P.O. Box 91100, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. You can also email us at [email protected]
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
• rectify the information we hold about you;
• erase your personal information;
• restrict our use of your personal information;
• object to our use of your personal information;
• withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
• receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
• lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This policy is governed by the United Arab Emirates laws. Any disputes arising thereof, or connected thereto shall be settled by the Dubai courts between Majid Al Futtaim Management Services and you.
Last updated: July 30, 2018